2 Factor Authentication (short 2FA or TFA) is a security tool for additional protection for your account. It is widely used among different web and mobile application for disabling unauthorized third parties to access online and mobile accounts. Since increasing digital crime and internet fraud internet security is raising awareness among the cyber society. Therefore, most online service providers develop and implement security procedures to protect user interests. 2 Factor Authentication is actually an extra layer of security that is also used for e-wallet accounts. Standard security procedures only require user name and password, however 2FA requires extra security input such as additional security code that is automatically generated on mobile phone app or elsewhere.
As a Skrill user, you will use a verified Google dual-phase authentication system that works by requiring the input of an additional 6-digit code to log into your account. It is automatically generated in the Google app installed on your mobile device. The system automatically changes the 6-digit code every few seconds, so it's virtually impossible for a third party to use the code, unless it has access to your mobile device.
Once you finalized 2FA procedure, you are set up for using it. You can make an initial test to see how it works, because the next time you will need to access your funds immediately, you will fasten the process by knowing how to use it.
1. Sign in to your Skrill account by using your user name and password
2. Take your phone and open Google Authenticator App
3. Once you finished the first phase, you will be asked to enter the unique 6-digit code that it is automatically generated by Google Authenticator app
4. Enter the code into your Skrill account, into the space provided
5. If you filled the correct numbers, you will be successfully signed into your Skrill account.
*You should note that all sign up details must be correct (user name, password and 2FA code), otherwise you will be returned to the sign in form and you will have to re-enter all sign up details again.